Tuesday 29 July 2014

The British Tag

 
Kingston Lacy, Dorset.
Hey I've got a new Tag post today created by Sammi aka BeautyCrush on YouTube which I thought was another fun one to do as it's all about being British. Its really been interesting to see everyone's take on this and what it sort of means to them to be British. So here we go then - oh and the rule of the tag is you must drink a cup of tea while doing it so I've got my mug of green tea by me as I type!

1) How many cups of tea do you have a day? And how many sugars?
I love tea a lot and in our household we make tea with loose tea in a pot rather than with tea bags. I would say that I drink on average three to four standard cups of tea not including green tea but this definitely increases in the winter! I have a little bit of milk and recently stopped taking my tea with sugar as it was one of my new years resolution of 2014! My family also drink their tea in cups and saucers which I think is a really British thing to do but I haven't quite gotten in to that tradition yet as I do rather like my Cath Kidston mug for now.

2) Favourite part of your roast?
Oh this ones difficult to pick! I love all of my roast dinner but I'd probably have to pick between Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes... Although I haven't always been a lover of roast potatoes so maybe I ought to pick the Yorkshires. Only if they are home made ones though of course. Well I think everything in a roast should be home made personally. But yeah Yorkshire puddings with gravy swimming in the middle is probably the ultimate part of a roast as you don't really ever eat them with any other meal. My mum's Yorkshire puddings are incredible, I have about four of them no joke!

3) Favourite dunking biscuit?
Again I this is a tough one. As a child I was a huge dunker. 'Dunky biscuits' was my favourite thing and for years and years on Wednesday and Sunday mornings I would get in the middle of my parents bed and have my 'dunky biscuits' with them. I don't really dunk biscuits these days but the ones that I remember always liking were Custard Creams and Bourbons. Although sometimes we would get like 'best' biscuits from Marks and Spencer for special occasions and I was a huge fan of dunking those as well.

4) Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
A few things pop to mind for this one like walks in the country or going to the seaside for fish and chips but I think the number one British pastime for me has to be visiting historic houses and buildings. I've done a lot of looking round National Trust properties over the years and I think that is such a British thing. Nothing quite says Britain like an elegant country home surrounded by acres of land and lots of pretty rose gardens. I think its so fascinating and I'm always mesmerised by how days spent like that would feel like you were stepping back in time and getting a taste for how life was in England back then.

5) Favourite word?
Posh. And putting on a posh accent when saying the word posh.

6)  Cockney Rhyme slang?
I don't really know any cockney slang and I'd literally have to google something to write for this answer :p Whenever we would cover it in English I'd always be utterly clueless.

7) Favourite Sweet?
My favourite sweets are probably Smarties, I've always loved a good old packet of Smarties - especially the orange ones were my favourite. Although an honourable shoutout has to go to Sherbet Lemons, I remember how everyone my age got into having Sherbet Lemons when Harry Potter became popular.

8) What would your pub be called?
I think I'd have to be oh so original here and go with something to do with Blossom as you get like quite a lot of pubs to do with trees and flowers such as 'The Royal Oak' or 'The Rose Inn' so it would probably have to be called something like 'The Blossom Tree' haha.

 9) No 1 British person.
This is kind of a bit of a cheat answer because I have a few... its got to be between William and Kate as I loved all of the Royal Wedding and Jubilee celebrations a few years ago as everywhere seemed to be decorated with cute British flag bunting. Although I think David Beckham has got to be like the most amazing British person, it doesn't even need explain he just is awesome.

10) Favourite shop/ restaurant.
Some of my favourite British shops would probably be Boots, Cath Kidston and obviously I have to mention Selfridges now that I have been because it was absolutely incredible and I want to go back now! As for favourite restaurant I'm actually much more of a pub meal kind of girl, we go to a couple of local pubs that do amazing food thats all fresh and locally sourced so I don't think you can beat that, plus going to the pub is such a British thing as well isn't it?

11) What British song pops into your head?
Spice Girls - Wannabe. So 90's Britain haha.

12? Marmite.
No.

I hope you enjoyed the post - feel free to share your post if you've completed this tag too!

1 comment:

  1. I love this tag, i did it the other week :)
    Bourbons, how could I forget about how good bourbons are for dipping. I chose hobnobs - I stand by my choice though.
    Glad to see we are the same on the marmite. So wrong.
    x tink x allabouttink.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)