Sunday 9 March 2014

Spring Beauty Haul


Hands up if you've been taking advantage of all the amazing beauty deals that are out to tantalise us. Yes, I thought so, me too. Left, right and centre we are being hit with offers that are frankly far too good to pass up on. Boots with their naughty 3 for 2, Debenhams and their New Season Spectacular with 10% off all beauty ...plus free postage if you spend over £30? Oh go on then! Its safe to say that I have succumbed the last week or so.  Obviously new beauty purchases called for a beauty haul! Reading other beauty bloggers' hauls and watching them on YouTube are one of my favourite things so I hope that you will enjoy this post.
 

As you can see I've gone for a nice balance of things, ranging from good old Real Techniques to something completely new for me from Bourjois and well it wouldn't be a Grace haul without of course a new Mac lipstick... Some of the things from this haul I've had my eyes on for ages while others were just purely bought on a 'couldn't resist' basis.


Urban Decay Naked Basics.
Starting off with something that I have in fact had my eye on for quite a while now and that was the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. I have been covetting this from Urban Decay for some time but its been one of those things that I kept putting off, so when I realised that this was part of Debenhams beauty offer with a charming 10% off I was all for it. I'm sure you know the drill but just incase you don't this neat, compact little palette includes six neutral eyeshadows that are perfect for daily makeup looks. I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to be honest as I love these kind of barely there shades. However it was worth waiting in a way to grab a bargain, at just under £20 I think its pretty good value for money, especially when you consider that for the same amount you could just about fill a Mac duo.
 

Benefit gimme Brow.
Having never been one of those girls who is obssessed over their eyebrows I was surprised at how badly I wanted to get my hands on Benefit's new brow must-have. It was even sweeter to finally buy this with 10% off too! The release of this new brow product from Benefit has been extremely hyped up all over every social media platform I know for the last few months and so I'm really hoping that it will live up to my high expectations. My brows have been enhanced by Gimme Brow's powers over the weekend and although its still early, so far my initial impression of this is two thumbs up. Gimme Brow comes in two shades and I went for the light/medium option. I was also excited to receive some free Benefit beauty samples with my order, so thank you Benefit!
 

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream.
Oh what a surprise, Bourjois' most talked about product of the moment ended up in my little beauty haul. I've followed on the BB/CC cream bandwagon extremely late and to begin with I swore that it was something I didn't really need to have. However after coming down with a cold last week and inevitably a nose that looked similar to Rudolph's I was swayed by the colour correcting promises from Bourjois. I admit that this has kind of been one of those things that has suddenly popped up out of nowhere and this was a bit of an impulse purchase in Boots, I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. I picked up the shade Ivory and the first time I wore it truthfully I wasn't wowed. It was just average in my opinion. But I tried it with my stippling brush again a few more times with much better results, my complexion looked healthy and youthful so I'm still in the stages of deciding whether I like this or not.


Real Techniques Brushes.
From Boots with their 3 for 2 offer I took advantage and decided to add a few more Real Techniques brushes to my collection. I decided to go for the powder brush as I don't have any large brushes like this one and I thought it would be useful with my bareMinerals Touch Up Veil that I spoke about in my last post. I finally purchased the expert face brush that has been on my beauty wish list for some time and I have again put off buying for some reason. There are so many rave reviews on this brush so I'm anticipating its first use! And the last brush I chose was one of the new brushes from the RT line the retractable lip brush. I can't tell you how happy I was when I learnt that RT were releasing a lip brush as I swear by applying lipstick with one of these. I already own one but I decided that as my third brush in the offer it would be handy to have a backup and I may use one for darker lipsticks and one for lighter colours. I'm hoping to do a full review on this brush in the upcoming weeks so stay tuned.


MAC Lipstick - Angel.
My most impulsive buy and something I definitely didn't need but wanted all the same, was this lipstick from Mac and it is one of their cult lipsticks Angel. When my friend purchased this lipstick the other day I was certain that it could very well be the answer to my love/hate relationships with nude lipsticks - Creme Cup just isn't always for me. Although in the bullet these are two lipsticks from Mac are virtually identical, on the lips they differ a lot. I have my fingers crossed for you Angel.

What beauty buys have you purchased recently? Have you taken advantage of any of the Spring offers?

9 comments:

  1. The Debenhams offer has tempted me on a few occasions when innocently browsing new things, unfortunately I dedicated myself to a month spending ban though so I'm almost kicking myself at the moment. :) Love your new purchases though, especially Benefits Gimmie Brow and the Naked Basic's Palette. x Becki x
    Lashes and Bows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 100% on a spending ban now! Think I'm going to try and ban myself until after my birthday in June, been so tempted by all these offers lately haha. Thanks for commenting :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw debenhams had a 10% off, so spent my afternoon filling my basket and laughing at how much it had come to haha :-) lovely post + haul!

    Megan - thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear what you bought, link me up if you do a haul :-)

      Delete
  4. OMG that's an amazing haul - v jealous :) xx
    www.dolleduplondon.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a huge fan of the Real Techniques brushes! I have been loving following your blog too! I nominated you for a liebster award check it out here.

    http://www.inthelandofjen.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3/19/2014

    Great haul! I'm interested what you think about the CC cream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one fab haul and I love the look of Angel x
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lovely blog! I've just started following. I recently got the Gimme Brow and unfortunately am hugely disappointed by it! As for the RT brushes and Naked palette - amazing! x

    Lola & Behold

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)