Wednesday 30 July 2014

Monthly Favourites | July 2014


Picking my July favourites was super easy this month as there were so many stand out things that I have been completely obsessed with! A couple of things you may notice popped up in my recent Selfridges haul I'll leave the link in case you fancy checking that post out. But now lets get on to those favourites!


YSL Rosy Coral Lipstick.
I thought I'd start with my two most cherished, rather luxurious favourites this month and one of them is my first ever YSL lipstick. I've written a full review of this lipstick here but basically this is the one lipstick that has been on my lips throughout the entire month of July. It is so stunning, so summery and it feels kind of special to own such a beautiful high end lipstick. I would definitely recommend this lipstick to the brighter pinky coral lovers out there as this will not disappoint.

Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia Cologne.
My second luxurious item that I have adored this month is from Jo Malone. You may have heard me say before on my blog how I obssess over perfume and fragrances, its my next biggest 'thing' after lipstick and well discovering Jo Malone in July has probably just about changed my life. I know that's slightly dramatic but there is something about this brand that is so special and indulgent, and well I love a bit of indulgence so there you go... English Pear and Freesia is like nothing I've smelt before, I'm not going to dictate the notes to you as you can find them easily online but it's very uncomplicated in the way it smells how it says it should. There is a fruity sweetness from the pear intertwined with that floral rush from the freesia. Its so beautiful and I will for sure be buying the 100ml version when this is finished.


EcoTools Blush Brush.
I was sorting out my bedroom a little while ago and I came across this brush from EcoTools which I bought ages ago and had completely forgotten about. I've been using this brush instead of my Real Techniques one ever since and I really like how it applies blush. As you can see its a fairly large brush for blusher to be honest but it really works. Its similar to the RT blush brush in the sense that it is very soft to the touch but I think that the difference in the shape of the bristles gives for a really lovely application of product. With a light hand this distributes the blush in a really effortless and natural way while still making it look as though you are wearing a little bit of product on your cheeks. I also like the way the handle feels which I think is made from bamboo.

MAC Woodwinked Eyeshadow.
As you can see I'm half way towards filling my second MAC quad, on the bottom left there is Woodwinked my latest shadow from Mac and its easily become one of my favourites already. In the pan it looks kind of brown I'd say but its actually a very beautiful bronzy golden colour which has been so, so perfect for summer makeup looks. My go to look lately has been this on my eyes with the YSL lipstick and together they look amazing, definitely love that pairing.


VO5 Plump It Up Dry Backcombing Spray.
Now you will rarely see hair products in favourites posts or probably at all on my blog as I am the laziest, low key girl with my hair ever - I am so clueless when it comes to hair and styling. (Definitely a result of being spoilt as a child as my mum always used to do my hair in beautiful plaits and pig-tails and now I'm bloody useless with it.) which is why I find this product so handy. It's very straight forward I simply spray this into the roots to add some volume and lift to my hair, I don't use it to backcomb as the tin suggest. This has the same effect as a dry shampoo without the nasty white tinge and awful smell and I've just found it a nice addition to give my hair a bit of texture with minimal styling required!


The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Lotion SPF 15.
With the weather once and for all improving and becoming considerably nicer here in England I thought it was time to invest in a moisturiser with a bit of SPF to protect my face. I got this Moisture lotion from TBS in a 3 for 2 deal and I've really liked using it: its lightweight, non-greasy but still gives my skin that moisture it needs all the while giving me some protection from sun damage as it does contain SPF 15. Plus it hasn't broke me out like some moisturisers seem to so that's always a bonus.


Maybelline Super Stay Gel Colour in Berry Stain.
If you read my recent Manicure Monday post you may be surprised to see this in my favourites this month as I was quite let down from the Maybelline super stay line of gel nail colours. The hype around these being really long lasting sucked me in and sadly left me rather disappointed, I certainly don't get the 7 day wear time it's meant to give however I do still like the way they look when they are on and this shade in Berry Stain is simply gorgeous. The colour reminds me of summer berries and I've got lots of clothes in similar colours so it seems to go well with a lot of what I wear.

What were your favourites in July? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)