Monday 14 July 2014

Manicure Monday: Maybelline Uptown Blue


I consider myself pretty lucky that I've never really been one to succumb to peer pressure. However when there is a hype around a product I do feel compelled to find out for myself what its all about... The latest hype to lure me to Boots (as if I need an excuse) is the Maybelline Super Stay 7 Day Gel Colours. I've seen loads of people loving these from Maybelline recently and claiming that they really do live up to the '7 days' claim. Now chips in nail varnish are one of my biggest peeves. If I have a chip in my nail varnish it either has to be touched up or all of it taken off. I just hate seeing chipped nails. So of course I was going to check out a product that claimed to give you 7 days of wear time.

I will begin with the positives, the colour range is pretty amazing and there are plenty of summer colours to select from. I wouldn't usually pick up blue nail varnish but Uptown Blue was too beautiful not to pick up. The colour is undeniably gorgeous, its definitely a Cath Kidston kind of girly blue shade. And applied to the nails its super glossy looking and easily looks like you've gone and had your nails done. I was so impressed with this and couldnt stop looking at how pretty my nails were.

However, fast forward just a few hours later and I could already notice little chips beginning to appear, not just on one nail but on a couple of nails. I was so bummed! 7 days? This had barely been on my nails 7 hours! The following morning I refused to accept defeat and tried again this time with a base coat but unfortunately it made no impact and I still had the same result of little chips a few hours later. I was definitely disappointed as I had such high hopes for this product. Someone tell me what the secret is to get this product to last 7 days? What did I do wrong?! The one consolation for me is that the colour really is gorgeous and summery so I can forgive it for not living up to my high hopes... just about..
 
QOTD: Have you tried these Super Stay gel colours from Maybelline? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)