Tuesday 8 July 2014

Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan

 

 
 
Hey guys, today I'm going to be talking about a tanning product from Rimmel which if you read my blog you may have noticed appeared in my recent June favourites post. This is an instant tanning product so as I explained in my June favourites I picked this product up to basically help rid me of the problem of my milk bottles for legs.
 
I must admit that I am always a little bit afraid when it comes to tanning products but that is mostly because I'm not really experienced in the 'fake tanning' field. However what reassured me about this product from the tube alone was two things: one was the fact it claims to wash off so if I really did make a cock up I could always jump in the shower and get it sorted. The second thing was that it claims to be 'light' so I was hopeful that I wasn't going to look down at a pair of unnaturally tanned coloured legs after using it.
 
So do these claims follow through to reality? Well firstly yes this does wash off, so its not going to stain your skin for a long period of time like some tanning products do. Therefore this is a useful product to have for if you're going out and want your legs looking a bit more bronzed but want it to wash out the following day. I also think that this does create a more 'light' looking tan, it does not create that intense 'my skin is so tanned' kind of look however it does add a really lovely colour. My mum commented straight away that my legs looked nice and tanned after using this so it does still make a noticeable difference without being obnoxious if you get what I'm saying.
 
Other things I wanted to point out about this product is that it doesn't have a nasty fake tan smell to it which is always a bonus, plus there is no waiting around for the tan to show as you do get an instant result from the product. With a few preparation steps beforehand I find it quite an easy product to apply: exfoliate, moisturise, use a mit - we all know the drill right? I think that it gives an even application without streakiness as long as you dont hang around and take too long as it does have a more matte finish to it meaning it can feel somewhat dry which could cause a problem if you haven't had time to blend it yet. So I would advise to start off with a smaller and more manageable amount unless you're really confident with tanning products. All in all I find this an affordable, quick and easy sun-less way of adding some colour to your body.
 
Have you tried any of Rimmel's tanning products? What do you use to tan?
 
If you follow me on Instagram you may already know that I took a trip to Selfridges at the weekend so stay tuned for a haul very soon!

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking at these for ages but wasn't sure if I wanted a wash off tan, did you find it stayed on all right until you washed it off? I don't want to be leaving orange everywhere I go! :P I may give it a try now, especially as it's matte because I don't like the idea of a shimmery tan :) x
    Catherine | Counter Pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)