Thursday 7 August 2014

The Spot Saviour



I'm always a little bit sceptical about these spot treatment/blemish sticks that claim to reduce the appearance of spots. However in the last year or so I have discovered the benefits of tea tree oil for its antiseptic and healing powers, I used it back in the winter on my breakouts and while it did improve my spots I found that it dried my skin up so badly. I know that Origins do a spot treatment however its like over £10 for a tiny little bottle which I didn't really want to pay out for. So I was intrigued to try this blemish gel from The Body Shop which currently retails for £6 for 2.5ml of product, which is still quite pricey but considerably less than other brands.

In England we have been experiencing like heatwave type conditions in the last few weeks and last month I was suffering from terrible breakouts from the change in the weather. I find that I get very hot doing my new job, I was exercising 5/6 days a week and I've also noticed that I seem to be sweating a lot more during exercise (more than normal) all of these factors I think just made my skin breakout and it wasn't looking its best. If you read my blog regularly you will know that I'm pretty obsessed with TBS skincare so naturally this was the first place I headed. I picked this up in a 3 for 2 offer, I will be reviewing the other products I got in due course too but this has definitely been a stand out product for me.

The product comes with a wand/ doe foot applicator and the first thing I noticed was how soft the wand is on your skin. Some of these doe foot applicators you get can be a bit harsh but this feels so soft and refreshing. Depending on how fussy you are you can take the wand straight to the blemish or swipe a bit on the back of your hand to keep it a bit more hygienic then use your finger to apply it.

The gel is very cooling and feels lovely on those angry, hot blemishes I sometimes suffer from. I like to use this before bed and upon waking up the blemished area is considerably less red and swollen. I have been really impressed with the way that this reduces the appearance of blemishes, redness etc without over drying the area. I also think that you could use this on blemishes that are no longer active as tea tree fights infection and will speed up the duration it takes to heal the area. This has just been a saviour in helping clear my skin and gives me that confidence back. I wished I had known about this as a teenager!

QOTD: What products do you reach for when you have 'problemed' skin?

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like it is just the thing to calm angry blemishes & keep them from erupting. I like the Tea Tree Range from The Body Shop & use their face wash when I get a breakout.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)