Monday 18 August 2014

The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil - A Couple Of Bits

 
 Another day. Another trip to The Body Shop. I just can't get enough of TBS lately, as you can probably tell if you've been following my blog from the beginning. So it goes without saying really that I was excited to learn about their brand new Wild Argan Oil collection. I had previously only thought Argan oil was something you use on your hair but the collection features an array of both hair and body products. Watching Fleur De Force's video on the origins of Argan oil and how TBS create the products really enlightened my knowledge on this multifunctional beauty ingredient. I would definitely recommend giving that a watch if you're interested to learn more about the method behind the making of these products.


So anyway I picked up a couple of products from the new range to try out for myself. The first item was the Wild Argan oil body butter (as you can never have too many body butters can you?) I detect a slight shift in my tastes recently as I never would have put myself down as a lover of more 'nutty' scents, nearly always opting for a fruity option. However this is definitely not one of the fruity fragrances from TBS, instead having a nutty, quite rich scent which smells so luxurious in my opinion. Isn't there something so satisfying just in starting a brand new body butter? The consistency is literally like a dream - because of the oil inside its super nourishing without that slick greasy feeling some body butters tend to give you. I find that this absorbs into the skin beautifully and leaves it feeling and looking so much smoother and generally healthier.


The other item I picked up from the new range is the solid lip oil, which comes in a small round tin which reminds me exactly of the classic Vaseline tin except this is way cuter with its fancy gold packaging and lovely scent. Its the same every year, as soon as spring/summer come around I forget to take care of my lips which doesn't really make for ideal lipstick applying standards. In a bid to keep my lips smooth and healthy I thought this neat little product would do the trick nicely.


Similarly to the body butter, I find that this manages to find the perfect level of providing you with plenty of nourishing goodness without feeling too heavy. This sits comfortably on the lips as its not greasy or sticky but its still smooth enough that it leaves your lips feeling instantly softer. This transfers onto the lips as just a standard translucent balm creating the same effect as a clear lipgloss
does. Another hit from The Body Shop in my opinion, I can't wait to try out a few more different products from the collection!

QOTD: Have you tried any of the new Wild Argan oil range from The Body Shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)