Thursday 7 August 2014

MAC Coppering Eyeshadow


Swatch taken in natural light. 
When it comes to eyeshadow I tend to play things pretty safe. Take a peak in my eyeshadow draw and you will find 90% consists of neutral palettes and what I would deem easy to wear shades. So my latest eyeshadow, Coppering from Mac is pretty different to what I'm used to. Bright. Bold. Daring. Super intimidating both in the pan and swatched. Coppering could not be more out of my comfort zone. But I've completely fallen for it.

I did my research and it seems that despite its 'out-there' statement many people like to wear Coppering in lots of different ways. For me personally I have found that I like it just worn on the lid, with black eyeliner and lots of mascara. A word of warning, this eyeshadow is best applied with a lighter hand as its super pigmented as you can see and its definitely better to start with less and add more colour as you need to.

I have been loving using Coppering all over the lid, with a little bit of Amber Lights gently blended through to add in a golden twist, and then I take Nylon in the corner and a nude eyeliner along the water line to really brighten the look back up.I find that the warmth of the coppery tones make my eyes look crazy blue.

Although I would say that if you're not careful this eye look could make you look tired where its so in your face, and so I would definitely recommend covering any dark under eye circles with a high coverage concealer before hand to be on the safe side!  As for the rest of my makeup, I keep it very simple with just a touch of bronzer and a neutral lip, I opt for Angel which is my go-to nude lipstick. A great transitional colour now that we are in August towards the end of summer, as I think that you could play around with this and add some brown into the mix for a more autumn inspired look too so I will report back on any combinations I find to work if anyone's interested in that.

QOTD: Have you tried Coppering from MAC?

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful shade! I would imagine this would look lovely along with a dark brown shade for a smokey eye effect :) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)