Tuesday 5 August 2014

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation


Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. Where do I even begin with this post? There are so many reviews on this foundation, most of which I have stalked to death as this has been one of my most coveted items since getting into the world of beauty. So I'm not going to call this post a review as such as I don't really want to duplicate what other people have already written a hundred times before - not to mention probably a lot better than I could. Instead I'm just going to do a general chat and throw in a few of my thoughts and feelings on this product as I go along.


As I mentioned above this was a product I had been coveting over for so long and the main reason I never got round to picking it up is purely because I don't live near a Nars counter. There was no way I was risking making a stab in the dark and ordering this online without properly checking out what shade matches my skintone first. One trip to Selfridges later and the foundation was finally mine. Obviously being July when I got this I did end up getting matched to a darker shade than I normally would as I have been tanning recently, I got medium 3 in Stromboli which is quite a nice warm colour that I absolutely love.


One of the first things that I noticed when using this was that you really do want to make sure your face is well moisturised before applying it. The first time I used this I had the tiniest dry patch from a spot that was healing up and it did actually show up - nothing too drastic by any means but it was my first time using it so I didn't really know what to expect. The following time I ensured I had applied enough moisturiser to provide a smoother base for the foundation and the results were incredible. I used a sample of MAC's Prep and Prime for primer which further made for a silkier base and set it with my Body Shop Vitamin E face mist.

Wearing the foundation.
 
I've never owned a high end foundation and I am just beyond impressed with this - it makes my skin look flawless without that obvious 'well she's wearing foundation' kind of look. I suppose what I mean is that this gives the illusion of your own skin rather than simply looking like foundation. I usually opt for my Real Techniques Expert Face brush for foundation but I've currently been enjoying using a bit more of a fluffier, less dense brush with the Nars foundation. So instead I've been taking the Multi Task brush as I find that it gives for a slightly more softer, natural finish. One pump is enough to give your entire face a beautiful finish with medium coverage, a tiny bit of concealer to hide blemishes and you're pretty much good to go. I love the way that this seems so light on the skin and doesn't feel at all like you're wearing foundation.
 
Another thing I am really impressed with is the lasting power, in the picture above I had been wearing the foundation since the morning and I took this selfie before heading off out for an evening meal. I only needed to reapply a tiny amount around my mouth and nose area where it wears away naturally through eating and drinking, and I also powdered my t-zone to prevent any oiliness showing. But it still looked pretty flawless even after all those hours of wear. This is definitely worth the hefty £30+ price tag in my opinion as it just gives the most stunning results and it certainly lives up to its 'holy grail' status. Needless to say I am smitten with this purchase.
 
QOTD: Have you tried Nars Sheer Glow Foundation?

6 comments:

  1. I've never tried a NARS foundation but I always hear such great things about them - think I need to try one out! x

    Lola and Behold || Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you'll be disappointed! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard amazing things about this foundation! I really want to try it!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This foundation is such a classic, I love it!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding a dream foundation is the best feeling ever! I've never tried anything from NARS before and now I'm tempted to get myself a sample to see how it works with my skin. It looks amazing on you :) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12/21/2014

    the best foundation i have ever used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)