Sunday 4 January 2015

Products I've Used Up | Empties #6





What better way to get into a year of blogging than to talk about a load of products that I've used up over the past few months. I've been getting through loads of products recently, and am still in the process of using up lots more so expect to see quite a few empties posts in 2015! As you can see this post (and the ones to follow) include quite a few seasonal bathing products from the likes of Lush and Philosophy - these types of posts are always quite satisfying to do as I like seeing all the products I've used up. For quite a lot of these products I have already written full reviews on them so they will be linked below if you want to check those out.

Philosophy Pumpkin Pie.
First up was a shower gel I loved using during late autumn/early winter from Philosophy and it was their Pumpkin Pie edition. This was a delicious shower cream to use and it really got me in quite a seasonal mood ready for the winter months where it was so spicy and richly scented. The texture of this was very silky and luxurious which is always a nice quality in a shower cream. I also used this as a bubble bath a few times but seen as though I tend to shower mostly its main job was as a body wash. Although I enjoyed this and it made a nice change I would say that generally speaking I prefer shower gels to be a bit more zingy and uplifting - I shower in the mornings so I like to have something that's invigorating rather than this which is more on the decadent, indulge-yourself side of things.

Rose Jam Shower Gel.
While I'm on the topic of shower gels I thought that I would talk about Rose Jam from Lush, another seasonal bathing item and this one was much more up my street! Rose Jam is a limited edition release over the festive period and I'm a little gutted I didn't stock up before it sold out in the sales - next year I will definitely be buying the size up as I only got this in the mini version. Rose Jam is absolutely gorgeous - it has a winning blend of floral and fruitiness to it which works so well together. If you like rosy scented products and didn't get round to picking this up at Lush I would definitely recommend it this winter if its released again!

Palmolive Almond Soap.
Last bath/shower product to mention today is just a bar of soap from Palmolive I picked this up on my holiday. Not really a bar of soap girl but I dabble in and out of them from time to time and this was pretty nice. Fresh smelling, does the job not much more to say on that one!

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Lotion SPF 15.
If you've been reading my blog for a while you may already know that I'm a big fan of the Vitamin E range from TBS. I chose this moisturizer during the summer and on my holiday as it contains SPF 15 and it was a decent moisturizer and I just continued to use it up until it was empty, which took longer than you would think actually. The Vitamin E Moisture lotion is very light, quickly absorbs into the skin - it isn't sticky or greasy feeling on your face it has a pleasant, fresh smell to it and its affordable so its pretty win win really.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner.
Another Vitamin E product emptied and this time in the form of a toner. To be honest I don't have a great deal to say about this, or toners in general really as I don't quite see the point of them or that they make any real difference in your skincare routine. Sure this is pleasant enough and I'd probably recommend it to someone who wants to try out a toner as its way cheaper than most high end skincare branded toners, but I doubt I will be picking another up as this is just for me an unnecessary step in my routine that I can probably afford to miss out on.

Cotton Pads.
Cotton pads: essential item, one that I'm always stocked up on and I always buy these from Aldi as they are cheap as chips and you get a double pack. Simples.

Snow Fairy Massage Bar.
My last seasonal beauty product for this empties post from Lush is the Snow Fairy Massage Bar. This is a nice addition for those days where you really want to indulge your skin in some oily TLC. Massage this into your body and the result will be sickly sweet smelling smooth skin. Not a product you would want to use on a day to day basis as it is greasy and requires a bit of a wait for it to sink in.

Garnier Soothing Eye Makeup Remover.
Garnier eye makeup remover has been my go-to product for years and years, I'm sure I've probably already mentioned one before in an empties post! Its so reliable that I just always go back to it. Its similar to a Micellar water in the way its very gentle yet effective at removing even the toughest of eye makeup products. I'm going to try something new for a change this time but I know I will be making a repurchase of this at some point!

Khiel's Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment Sample.
I asked for this sample from a Khiel's counter ages ago and once I used it up I did actually go out and buy a bigger sized pot of it. As sample sizes go this contained enough product for me to decide whether or not I actually liked it enough to buy it, I think it lasted about a week and that was using it twice daily.

QOTD: What products have you used up recently?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)