Friday 16 May 2014

The Body Shop Honey & Oat Mask

Honey & Oat 3 in 1 Mask | The Body Shop | £10 | Link
The world of skincare is still all relatively new to me, however a brand that I have begun to rely on to help with my skin woes recently is The Body Shop. With an email reminding me that my welcome offer of 25% off was shortly expiring I decided to branch out and purchase the Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask. The fact that this little pot claims to be a 3 in 1 product had me intrigued that this product could be a little different. The ingredients in this also caught my attention especially the fact that this contains honey which is widely known for its health benefits in both diet and beauty.
 

According to The Body Shop this is meant to 'cleanse, polish and moisturise' [link] but what did I think? Well firstly my initial impressions, I thought that the consistency was really good I didn't have to apply a tonne to get a decent coverage across my face. I expected this to be a tad on the messy side as it looks gloopy and thick in the pot but its not at all like that once applied. I also liked the fact that this wasn't gritty so it was pretty comfortable even when it had set in and dried somewhat. The smell is really fresh and had me craving a bowl of oatmeal infused with honey afterwards!


One thing that I have noticed is that this does dry pretty quickly it turns into more of a transparent layer as it begins to dry up, for this reason alone its therefore advisable to not leave this on for too long - I've found the 5 minute mark works best for me. So after looking like you've dipped your face in your breakfast bowl then comes the nicest part which is rinsing the mask off. I like to run a small luke warm bowl of water and take my time to work my fingers in small circles to fully achieve that exfoliating benefit before washing it off with a cloth. Immediately after all traces are washed away my skin is left feeling super clean and supple.

All in all I've really enjoyed using this mask, its definitely a nice product to use in your weekly skin care routine, and because this is so gentle you can get away with using it a little bit more than you could with some masks. I tend to use it every other day and my skin has been fine.
 
What do you think of face masks? Have you tried this one from The Body Shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)