Wednesday 16 July 2014

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick | Rosy Coral




 
 
If you caught my recent Selfridges haul you may have already seen that I picked up several cheeky purchases with my birthday money including my first ever Yves Saint Laurent items. I am going to be talking about this stunning lipstick which is part of the Rouge Pur Couture line of YSL lipsticks. Now if you've been reading my blog for a while you will probably know that I'm a bit of a die hard Mac lipstick lover - they are great quality lipsticks for a fraction of the price of some of the more higher end beauty brands. But as much as I love my Mac lippys, I can't deny that the lure of having a new luxury lipstick in my collection has been rather hard to resist of late.
 
And so I felt that it was time to invest in my first ever YSL lipstick. Although I'm partial to many a bright shade of lipstick (reds, hot pinks, purples, bright oranges to name a few) I definitely think that I have worked out in my mind what I like my every day shade of lipstick to be. I've long since decided that nudes don't work for me, nor do some pale shades of pink compliment my skin tone. However a pinky coral coloured lip has become the perfect staple for my day to day look. When choosing my YSL lipstick I knew I wanted to get a shade that I would get a lot of wear out of otherwise I would be spending a lot of money on a lipstick that would end up sitting there unused. Cue YSL 52 Rosy Coral.
 
Before investing in a YSL lipstick I of course did a little bit of research before hand and Rosy Coral has been a popular choice among the beauty loving world, and well you can see exactly why can't you? Everything from the exquisite square shaped gold packaging to the stunning quality product has had me head over heels in love. The name Rosy Coral really couldn't be more accurate if you ask me, as this is a stunning splash of bright rosy pink in amongst a vibrant dash of coral. On the lips this will brighten up your entire face and is guaranteed to get you many a compliment - every time I've worn it someone has complimented that my lipstick looked nice, which is always a morale booster right?
 
The formula of the lipstick is creamy and luxurious, with a really lovely rose scent too. You only need to apply one layer to get a stunning colour pay off, however I would say that to get the best and longest wear time out of this lipstick you should ever so gently blot the first layer. I find that this helps stain my lips with the colour and then I go over with a lipstick brush to redeem that slight sheen that the creamy texture allows. I've been loving pairing this with a golden eye for a really pretty summery look and can tell this lipstick is going to get plenty of wear.
 
QOTD - do you own any luxury lipsticks ? What is your favourite lipstick brand?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This lipstick is such a gorgeous colour! Can't beat a statement lipstick! x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)