Thursday 26 March 2015

Fragrance Focus: Jo Malone Orange Blossom



If there's one thing I love the most, it certainly has to be a new fragrance discovery. Especially when its in the form of a Jo Malone Cologne... You wouldn't think it if you looked out the window right now at the rain splashing down, but Spring is on our doorstep here. There are promises of the new season arriving everywhere:, from the daffodils brightly decorating our streets, birds singing outside and the evenings gradually getting lighter. With Spring setting in and influencing my moods, I feel myself drifting away from those rich, spicy colognes I love in Winter in favour of lighter floral options.

Orange Blossom is a bit of a crowd pleaser as its a delightfully fresh balance of both fruity and flowery notes. This is categorized as part of the 'floral' family in Jo Malone's range and while I would agree that there is definitely an element of the blossoms lingering in the scent, I predominantly pick up on the orange. Orange Blossom is such a beautiful fragrance and has an oddly energizing effect that just instantly picks my mood up as soon as its sprayed and it becomes even more delicious as it warms on the skin. I always feel very feminine and sweet whenever I wear this, but not in a sickly sweet way! Unlike some citrus, fruity scents that can come across as a bit cheap and god-forbid smell like a cleaning product - Orange Blossom almost has this creaminess so it is more of like a creamy orange.

A perfect fragrance for these Spring months and following right through to Summer (it would be a gorgeous holiday scent!) I've definitely picked this up at the ideal time as it will be getting plenty of use I can imagine. I would say that this is suitable for daytime wear but is also lovely and special enough to dress up in the evenings too. I love mixing and matching my scents, and for a slightly warmer evening appropriate scent I like it combined with Dark Amber & Ginger Lily - I have this in the 9ml travel size bottle from the Christmas set. Dark Amber & Ginger Lily makes for a more heady and slightly sexier scent. I can imagine that the body wash would be amazing in this range as I love uplifting shower gels! Orange Blossom is definitely my favourite scent at the moment.

QOTD: Have you smelt Orange Blossom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)