Sunday 13 July 2014

The Holy Grail Skincare Trio


Skincare is something that is relatively new to me. It wasn't until I started wearing makeup on a regular basis that I realised the benefits of a skincare routine. Because skincare is a bit of a new area to me, I feel like I'm still in a bit of an 'experimenting' stage ie trying out different skincare products that work for me. However there have become three staples in my skincare routine that quickly earned their way to holy grail status. One is a cleanser, one is a mask and the other is a serum. I'm still on the lookout for the perfect moisturiser, so feel free to leave me any recommendations!


1) The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil.
This product from The Body Shop went wild on the beauty blogging scene a couple of months ago, everywhere I looked this bad boy was cropping up with rave reviews. Naturally I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Let me say, the hype around this really is true. This is such an incredible product that I have been obsessed with ever since purchasing it. I use this at night time if I have a face full of makeup as it literally melts away every last scrap off your face. Just massage a pump of this cleansing oil onto dry skin and when you add water it lathers to a slightly milky consistency and simply wipes your makeup away. I am constantly blown away by how easily this removes your makeup. As an extra bonus this is a really affordable high street skincare product setting you back around a tenner I believe, and a tiny bit goes a long way so it will last you ages!
Shop This Product

 
2) Origins Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask.
 The next product in my skincare holy grail trio is this face mask from Origins. I use this mask once or twice a week as a sort of deep cleanse to rid my face of underlying impurities. The active charcoal is the ingredient which unclogs your pores from all the dirt that is beyond what our eyes can see. This isn't the prettiest of face masks when you put it on as you can probably expect from the soot black colour of the tube. Upon rinsing this away you get an initial 'ahh' that feels good to be off as it can become a tad dry and tight on your face and immediately after taking it off your face just feels so clean and fresh. One thing I would bare in mind is that this can bring any underlying spots to life because it is so effective in clearing your pores out,but at the same time that does just go to show how well it works and overall it does leave your skin looking and feeling clearer. You only need a thin layer so again this should last pretty well, I have the 50ml size which I believe retails for around £12 so its not the cheapest but well worth it in my opinion.


3) The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil.
The third and final installment in my trio is anoher product from The Body Shop, this time from their Vitamin E range. I love the Vitamin E range from TBS, if you've been reading my blog for a while no doubt you will have seen the odd piece from the range show its face from time to time so of course I was instriguied by this serum. Other high end beauty serums will set you back quite a lot of money but this is again an afforable product retailing £12. I use this three to four nights a week over a night cream and the next morning my skin is visibly plumper and revitalised and it solves the problem of any dry patches I might be suffering from. I was a little bit nervous about putting an 'oil' on my face as I invisioned greasiness and oily looking skin as a result however it is not in the least bit greasy. I massage a few drops into my fingers first and then apply to my face in a patting motion as advised by the website. As well as doing its job properly the quality of the packaging feels really luxurious with a glass bottle and pipette applicator. This is going to be a saviour come winter time!
Shop This Product


QOTD: What are your skincare holy grail products?

1 comment:

  1. I love both the body shop products! They're amazing! I haven't tried the Origins mask though, I'll have to check it out!

    http://charlievictoriia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)