Tuesday 1 July 2014

Monthly Favourites: June 2014


It honestly feels like two seconds ago I was writing my May favourites I can't believe June is over already! The summers going fast! Here's what made the cut to my favourite beauty products during the last month. It was a good one for me for beauty faves, starting with a couple of bath and body favourites.


Soap & Glory Scrub of Your Life.
I had a couple of well loved bath and body related items in June and one of which was my all time favourite scrub from S&G which is the Scrub of Your Life. I really like this as I think its affordable, has a nice clean smell and really exfoliates those areas that need a bit more welly to smooth out nice and evenly. I've gone through quite a few of these over the years including the mini travel size versions too so this isnt a new discovery however I do tend to grab it more often during the warmer months when my skins out on show a bit more and want it looking its best.

The Body Shop Raspberry Body Butter.
From an old love from S&G to a new love from The Body Shop - this has actually been one of the standouts of the month for me and it is the Raspberry Body Butter. You may have caught my full post on it  here as I've already expressed my love for this product, this is honestly the most perfect summer scented body moisturiser... if you love raspberry scent as much as I do that is? I'm already close to using it all up. This may well be limited edition so if you're interested get to a Body Shop asap!


Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan Light Matte.
I never expected to be featuring a tanning product in a favourites post, let alone on my blog at all as I've not really been that girl who fake tans --ever. But I succumbed after trying on a dress in Miss Selfridge and the sight of these two milk bottles sticking out had me trotting off to Boots in a flash. I wanted to start off in the world of tanning products with something relatively inexpensive (and that washed off) as I didn't want to pay out for something that I wasn't sure I would like or use again so ended up trying this from Rimmel. Expect a full review on my thoughts in the next couple of days but it certainly has the thumbs up from me.

Benefit Sun Beam.
Sticking with the theme of glowy shimmery skin another favourite in June was Benefit's Sun Beam. I picked this up from eBay in the mini size and I absolutely love it as a highlighter, it creates the loveliest golden sun kissed glisten to your face that is so spot on for the summer months. I kind of wished I had been brave enough to buy the full size version now but I will probably repurchase it next summer as I can just use this one up in the upcoming months. In case you didn't know this is a liquid highlighter that is supposed to be dotted to the cheeks or brow bones and then blended out. Its easy to use while still creating a gorgeous golden hue to the skin.

See By Chloe Pefume.
My perfume choice of the month was the ever so lovely See By Chloe. This fragrance somehow manages to be fresh, youthful, florally and still remain quite sophisticated at the same time. I've written a full review on this perfume here.


Barry M Gelly Paint in Pink Punch.
Another Barry M Gelly paint to scrape its way into a favourites post this month was this gorgeous shade called Pink Punch. This is almost a neon pink where its so vivid and eye catchingly bright. This has been on my nails and toe nails virtually the whole month of June. I really like the name too as it just reminds me of an exotic and colourful summery bowl of punch.

MAC Sharon Osbourne Peaches and Cream.
Sorry to feature limited edition items in a favourites but this blush was too gorgeous to not feature. I was so excited to pick this up at my local Mac counter earlier in June. This is such an incredibly pretty product in my favourite blush colour of  pink/peach tones however it really does feature a sort of creaminess that reminds me exactly of strawberries and cream. Its such a beautiful blush.


MAC Morange.
Behold one of my all time favourite Mac lipsticks, Morange. I could sing this lipsticks praises all day long so be ready to be bored. I absolutely love this lipstick. Morange is an amplified lipstick therefore yes that colour in the bullet there, that bright, in your face orange will transfer over to your lips with pretty much one application. Morange is one of the most vivid, bright and fun to wear lipsticks in my collection. Its such a feel good lipstick that is guaranteed to get you a few compliments as it just brightens your entire face up and makes you look so vibrant and summery. What I like about Morange is you can pull this off day or night (if you're brave enough to) as I wore this on my birthday during the day but its also statement enough to wear as an evening lipstick, its so stunning seriously. I think everyone should own at least one out there lipstick like Morange in their collection.

And there we have it my rather bright and fun bunch of June Favourites - what did you love in the last month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)