Tuesday 2 September 2014

Tempted: Yet Another Beauty Haul



When planning yesterday's shopping trip I had every intention of being on my best behaviour (honest I did.) With my holiday at the end of the month I am trying to save all the pennies I can for that which is just around the corner. But then Nars happened. Followed by Hourglass. Yep, my prayers had been answered and my local John Lewis department store finally got their buts into gear and graced us with two beautiful new Nars and Hourglass counters. I know you can buy all these things online but its not the same when you can't see it in person or have a good old swatch away and feel the packaging in your very hands. You know what I'm getting at. And so obviously all good intention went flying out the window from there on out. Can you blame me though? I mean it would have been rude not to right?

The first item that lead me into temptation was the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser. I was lucky enough to receive a free sample of this product from my recent trip to Selfridges during the summer which I have since used up and it firmly earned a place on my never-ending Nars wish list. Temptation number two may have something to do with my recent obsession with red lips, say hello to Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl. This is a lip product that I have been eyeing up all year long, as I have apparently heard Taylor Swift uses it so naturally this is something I need in my life. One swatch on the back of my hand in store confirmed that Dragon Girl needed to be added to my collection, the colour is fierce.

As if a brand new Nars counter wasn't enough of a temptation for one day, literally next door sat another all new beauty counter: Hourglass. How dreamy are Hourglass products? I mean come on. I definitely need one of those blushes in my life in due course! However blusher wasn't on the agenda for yesterday. For a little while now I've been on the hunt, unsuccessfully for a holy grail eyebrow product and I've heard so many rave reviews about the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil that I simply couldn't resist a purchase.

After the excitement that was John Lewis naturally I had to have a quick whiff of the new Jo Malone cologne Wood Sage & Sea Salt  on a little tester - lets just say I can see what all the fuss is around this new fragrance. A definite new entry to the wish list... It wouldn't be a proper beauty haul without a Boots visit would it now? I finished off the shop with a skincare product that I'm going to take on holiday and that is the Origins Drink Up-Intensive Overnight Mask. This is another well loved item in the beauty world that I wanted to try out, I love that Origins do the 50ml options that are so handy when you want to try a new product but not sure if you want to spend the full amount. Lastly a bit of a impromptu purchase and that was the Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat. I'm trying to invest in a product that will make my nails last a bit longer without chipping, so I thought I'd give this a go.

So there you have it, thats what happens when your local department store finally add two very exciting new beauty counters. Or at least thats what happens if you're me, or any other self-confessed beauty hoarder for that matter... Welcome to my life Nars and Hourglass ;)

QOTD: What beauty products have you been tempted by recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)