Monday 15 September 2014

Manicure Monday: Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat


Today I'm talking base and top coats, it's been a little while since I did a Manicure Monday post, mainly because I sometimes go through phases of painting my nails. I often get a bit fed up with the unsightly appearance of chipped nails, its one of my biggest peeves and I'm really terrible with them. Sometimes I can't get my nail varnish to last me more than a few hours, although sometimes I think that is down to my own impatience. Base coat? Top coat? Pff I don't have time for all of that.

Yep I'm guilty of just going straight in for the kill with whatever my nail varnish choice is for the day. However I recently picked up the Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat and I have to say that the results impressed me. As the name suggests this is a double whammy of a product acting as both a base and top coat so I've been applying this before and after my nail varnish. This not only makes my manicure lovely and shiny but it also keeps my nails from chipping for at least 2 or 3 days which is incredible for my standards. Even once the chips do start to appear I've noticed that they are only very faint as well which is another bonus.

I do admit that faffing about with a base and top coat is a bit of an ordeal and not something I see myself doing every single time I apply my nail varnish. I usually set aside at least an hour because once applying the Sally Hansen polish and then a couple of coats of your chosen nail colour you're talking like four coats of nail varnish that you've got to wait to dry. But if you do want your nails to last you that bit longer this is certainly worth a bit of extra time and effort.

QOTD: Do you apply base/top coats to your manicure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)