Thursday 30 October 2014

Monthly Favourites: October 2014


Here we are again with a fresh bunch of monthly favoruites! Similarly to last month I've had lots of favourite things in October with a mix of beauty products, skincare and a hair product too. I've had lots of fun experimenting with autumnal makeup looks, using new and not so new items.


MAC Coppering / MAC Brick O La.
A makeup look that I never thought I would be brave enough to pull off but absolutely loved wearing throughout October was a burnt orange eye with a bold lip. I picked up Mac's Coppering eyeshadow back in the summer, I've written a full post on it here but this month I've really had an experiment around with it for a very autumnal look using my Nars Laguna bronzer in the crease to warm the look up and a combination of a couple of shades from the Naked 3 palette which created a really gorgeous effect. Then on my lips instead of playing safe with a nude or muted down colour I've loved Brick O La from Mac which is like a gorgeous red/brown shade which actually really complimented the burnt orange eyes. If you're interested to see how it looked I instagramed a couple of pics my username is graceyblossom. I would say that this is more of an evening look but if you're brave enough to pull it off it really does look lovely and autumnal, its especially flattering for blue eyes too.

Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner.
You may see a theme occur in this month's favourites as a couple of these purchases have been enabled from my friend after our holiday where we were sharing makeup. On our holiday I borrowed Supercat eyeliner and I definitely knew I would be purchasing one for myself once I got home! Now I've long since accepted that I'm never going to be a pro at eyeliner, however Supercat has got to be one of the easiest I've used for a neat fuss-free application and I've definitely had a few 'good eyeliner' days since buying this - or at least good on my terms.

Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade.
After a long, exhausting journey I finally think that I have found the eyebrow product for me and gosh does it feel rewarding! I won't say too much as I'm in the process of writing a full review but let's just say that this has been the first brow product that seems to have ticked off every single box for me so far. Amazing product!


Redken Extreme Anti-Snap.
If you read my recent Disappointing Products post you may already know that a certain hair product really messed my hair up over the summer. After a period of bleaching my hair, choosing the wrong products and general misuse of my locks they were in a pretty bad way. Then on my holiday my friend let me try some of her Redken Extreme Anti Snap leave in conditioner and I could see and feel a noticeable difference pretty much right away. Applied to towel dried hair this makes combing your hair after a shower a doddle and the condition of the ends feels so much healthier even after just a few uses. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who's hair is in need of rescuing as its been a godsend!

Origins Drink Up Instensive Over Night Mask.
Mouthful of a name of what? Basically this litle skincare item has been another savour this month for replenshing my skin with some much needed moisture. I use this a couple of times a week - usuaully Sundays and Wednesdays and in the morning after my skin is plumper and it helps cure those nasty dry patches that you get as the weather gets colder. The smell of this is absolutely gorgeous too, its peachy and fresh so it feels like quite a treat to use.

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avacado.
This skincare product pops up everywhere on the beauty scene and I can now understand exactly why it does. I've never used an eye cream before but I knew that in the winter I'm prone to getting much drier skin and often nasty dark circles. I guessed that it was time to start looking after this part of my face as it is one of the more delicate parts and will also likely start to show signs of aging if I neglect it. This eyecream has been amazing, the skin around my eyes has never looked so healthy. I don't know if its coincidence or what but the dark circles are far less prominent, makeup applies so much easier under the eyes now and that area just generally seems to look and feel far better at the moment.

Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy in Up the Ante.
An EssieButton inspired purchase and the colour that has basically lived on my nails throughout October was Revlon's Up The Ante. I can't express how much I love this nail polish, its absolutely gorgeous - I've written a full post here if you want to hear my express my love for it some more.
 
QOTD: What have you loved in October?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Im all about skin care this month! the eye treatment looks good think i will try that.

    I recently just posted my favs too check it out

    bonitarochelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)