Sunday 19 October 2014

Sunday Catchup #5


Today I really wanted to sit down and take a minute to reflect and write about things that aren't lipstick or lipstick related on my blog. I haven't done a chit-chatty casual post like this since Spring and so I figured I was due an update.

Now that we're in the final few months of the year its getting to that time where festivities are around every corner, Halloween, Bonfire Night, Christmas and then a brand new year to ring in all over again. I truly love this time of the year because of the celebrations, the beautiful colours on the trees, cosy nights in under blankets watching films, lighting candles and of course all of the decorations - we currently have a pumpkin from our allotment sitting in the front window.

Since I gave up my job earlier this year I've had a lot more time on my hands and while I'm not trying to build up my business I'm really happy with some of the accomplishments I've managed to achieve. Over the last few months I've been trying to make a conscious effort to be a little more present in the kitchen as I've been learning to cook. I don't mean like cakes and baking but rather meals and so on. I guess it kind of linked in with my healthy eating habits earlier this year. To some people this may seem a basic thing but I've come a long way from knowing nothing to pretty much feeling confident in the kitchen with a recipe at hand ready to try out new things.

And while I'm on the subject of food and eating healthy I am still striving to make the right choices with my diet - despite the last month or so being a little off track I'm slowly getting back into the swing of clean eating again. In the autumn and through into winter I always find myself slipping off the rails a little with all the sweet temptations and hunger cravings as the weather cools down, however I'm really trying to keep a balance this year.

I've also taken up crocheting over the summer. With great guidence (not to mention a hell of a lot of patience) from my mum I've gone from helplessly not knowing how to even hold a hook to making blankets and *trying* to read and follow patterns. Crochet has been a welcome outlet for me as I've never had a creative streak in my body and so its extremely rewarding to watch something I'm making go from a ball of yarn turn to something cute and pretty. I can't wait to make some festive decorations over the upcoming weeks!

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)