Thursday 23 October 2014

Nars Audacious Lipstick | Liv



 


Can you tell that Nars is fast becoming my favourite beauty brand? So it should come as no surprise that the knowledge of their new line of Audacious Lipsticks sent me into a bit of a frenzy and had me clutching at any excuses to get to my nearest Nars counter as soon as I possibly could.  With 30 brand new colours (and an extra 10 Selfridges exclusives I believe) the claim of the new Nars Audacious lipstick is that one stroke is enough to give you full coverage and a creamy wear. You can tell just when you are swatching these babies at the counter how incredibly pigmented these are - these remind me of MAC's amplified finishes but more intense and with a glossier look to them.

I liked so many of the shades and I definitely want to add the shade Grace to my collection - because who doesn't want a lipstick in their name? However I'm really feeling my intense berry colours at the moment and Liv was just calling my name. Nars describe Liv as a 'deep aubergine' its a very dark plum shade and on me it leans a little red so its a gorgeous burgundy colour on my lips. The pigmentation is incredible, you really get such amazing colour pay off without it feeling at all heavy or icky on the lips. I would say that in terms of application it goes on similarly to an amplified cream lipstick as its very smooth but when you wear it it feels almost like its more a satin finish as it isn't slippery and sits ever so comfortably on the lips.

As you may have noticed the packaging has also had a little revamp, while its still got the classic Nars black casing it doesn't have the usual matte texture the audacious lipsticks have a smooth and slick case with an impressive magnetic lid.  I am beyond in love with this lipstick: its well worth the splurge as the quality is so amazing. I'm excited to add more of these delightful new lipsticks to my collection!

QOTD: Have you tried  any of the new Nars Audacious lipsticks?



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/01/2014

    I looove this color! I swatched it today and was sorely tempted. I wanted to get Anna but it was out of stock,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)