Sunday 27 April 2014

Sunday Catchup #3


Hey guys, how was your week? I've been home from my course for a fortnight and I feel as though my normal routines are back in full swing now, which makes me very happy indeed. The one thing I dislike most about being away from home is the disruption of my day to day habits. So it certainly feels nice to have a sense of normality back.

I'm going to be talking about something a little different in today's catchup and that is healthy eating. In the last few weeks I have been making a conscious effort to really try and eat more healthily. The reasons for this being that I want my body to benefit from natural, wholesome foods as apposed to feeding it any artificial processed nastiness. And obviously I wouldn't mind shifting a little bit of weight in the process too. Easter last week was a minor blip- I was quite behaved and stuck to nibbling on Mini Eggs and a few small Creme Egg sized chocolates from Aldi. But this week I was pretty much back on track with healthy intentions.

The main areas I want to improve are snacking and controlling portion sizes. How many times have I said that? But its time to go back to basics keeping things straight forward and simply try to ensure I'm snacking on good-for-me foods rather than quick convenient options and aim to reduce my portion sizes. I'm making small steps towards healthy changes, I stocked up on some seeds, nuts and fruits to snack on the other day and even got inspired into some baking after drooling over a recipe from Lydia Rose, which by the way is delicious and so simple, win win.

On the flip side of keeping healthy and staying active, I have no problems at all. I'm more motivated than ever and practically find myself skipping out the house to my Mini to get to the gym. I managed to do seven classes this week: incorporating everything from high impact cardio, to yoga to weight training. Plus on the day I was at home I did the first level of the 30 Day Shred. Tuesdays and Sundays are turning out to be my rest days lately. Hopefully if I stick to it I should begin to see some positive results come summer, new bikinis = motivation...

I also wanted to really say a really quick thanks to everyone who helped my blog reach 200 bloglovin followers the other day - I know that numbers aren't what matters but I still appreciate any bit of support I can get, so thank you.

Plus on the blog this week:
Beauty Haul
Empties #2


Do you live by any healthy living standards?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)