Tuesday 15 April 2014

What's In My Travel Makeup Bag


 
It feels like its been a while since I last blogged, so I took advantage of a light afternoon to take some pictures for today's post, which as you may have noticed from the title is the What's In My Travel Makeup Bag tag. I've been away training for the last fortnight hence the need for my travel makeup bag. This is a handmade makeup bag that I found on Etsy a few months ago and I just adore how pretty it is and it also fits in a fair amount of items too! Because it was a work related trip most of the makeup featured was basically everyday bits and bobs, I hope you enjoy the post!
 

For face products I tried to keep it very simple while I was away purely for ease and quickness every morning. Inside the little sample pot I just squeezed some Benefit The Porefessional inside instead of carrying the whole tube with me, and to cover up any blemishes I used my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer which I think is beginning to run out as its a little on the sparse side lately. I use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to do my concealer. To set that I use my bareMinerals Touch Up Veil.


Afterwards for a little colour I take Hoola by Benefit to bronze my face which I own the handly little travel size version. A lovely everyday blush I have been enjoying is a minerealize one from MAC in Dainty, it has a very nice delicate glowy effect to it. I also threw in my MAC Soft and Gentle highlighter but because the blush was already quite glowy I only ended up using it a couple of times so it was a bit of a waste of space. To apply these I was using my RT Multi Task brush which is part of a travel set.


Moving on to eyes, I depotted some of MAC Painterly paint pot into a sample container again to save me having to transport the whole thing which is a little heavy and robust as it is in a glass jar. This works amazingly as a neutral base for the rest of my eyeshadow. I wanted to keep my brows quick and simple so took my Rimmel brow pencil, which I'm not crazy for but as it has a spooile it was quite handy for travelling with. I left most of the work to Benefit Gimme Brow to set everything into place.


 For my eyes I simply went for my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - an item I just adore and is probably one of the bests palettes for travelling due to its size and range of colours that can create an array of looks. Most days I was taking W.O.S all over the lid with Naked 2 blended lightly into the creases.


My favourite mascara at the moment I luckily have in a Mini size as I tried the sample out before buying the whole thing and that is Bad Gal lash from Benefit. And lastly I took a couple of MAC lipsticks that I would both deem as 'nudes' and they are Angel, the lighter option which is a pretty light pink in a frost finish and for days when I wanted a little more of a sheen I opted for Syrup which is a muted plum colour in a lustre finish.


I was pretty happy with all of these choices as they all achieved a quick and easy every day look for while I was away doing my training. On saying that I was really happy the day I got home to play around with some more vibrant makeup pieces!
 
What do you take in your travel makeup bag?

2 comments:

  1. i absolutely love benefit makeup, bad gal is such a great mascara! your blog is lovely! id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/catch-ups-apologies-and-week-of.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being able to narrow down your bag to these items! I always travel with way too many items because I never know if I'll want to do a neutral look or try something different!

    -A | Mirror, Mirror

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)