Monday 28 April 2014

Manicure Monday: A Love For Lemon

 
Hello I hope that you all had a lovely weekend, today I'm bringing you the first in a little installment : Manicure Monday. Today's Manicure Monday is naturally Spring inspired - can you tell I love Spring?
 
I don't know about you but yellow is a colour that I can't help but want to embrace at this time of the year - it just seems appropriate wouldn't you say? Cue sunny days, daffodils and little chicks into your minds and we'll hopefully be on the same wavelength here... Plus pastels are so perfect during the spring months so I had a little dig around in my nail varnish draw this morning and these two from Rimmel instantly grabbed my attention. These are shades 280 Sunshine and 058 Lemon Drop, I really like Rimmel nail polishes as they are affordable and the colour range is pretty good. Before applying the nail varnish I prep my nails with a quick file - I love this green polka dot one from Cath Kidston at the moment.

Then to soften my cuticles I take a cotton bud and apply a really small amount of  Lush's Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter to each of my cuticles and then with the clean end I lightly massage it in. The reason I do this is because this product is packed with natural oils and ingredients that can make it a little on the greasy side and so you don't want your manicure sliding all over the place but you still want the benefit of the softer cuticles. Usually after that I'm good to go ahead with the polish, with Rimmel I usually find two coats of application does the job.
And voila, sunny spring nails!


1 comment:

  1. your blog is so pretty and perfect:D Love it <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)