Tuesday 8 April 2014

A Beauty Blogger's Spring Essentials


Daffodils, Easter eggs, longer days and hopefully some nicer weather. Yes Spring has officially sprung in the UK and now that it has arrived I have decided to do a post focusing on some of the must-have beauty essentials of the moment plus I've thrown in a few miscellaneous ones for good measures. I hope that you will enjoy the post :)



Its not called Spring Cleaning for nothing! Get freshened up in the mornings with something that is lightly fragrant while still leaving you feeling squeaky clean for the rest of the day, something like this Cath Kidston Rose soap is perfect for this time of the year. Opt for a moisturiser that is going to
revitalise your skin without being too heavy or 'sticky' such as the Vaseline Aloe Fresh moisturiser.
This does wonders for all skin types and is also super affordable and accessible - you'll find this everywhere from your nearest chemist to local supermarket.


With the weather gradually becoming nicer the sandals at the back of your wardrobe will be making an appearance in the not too distant future, which means its time to get those tootsies looking in tip top condition. I've been using Soap & Glory's Heel Genius after showering, I apply a small amount to the heel of my foot and any other areas that the skin is a little harder and stick some socks straight on once I'm done. You can be more generous with this in the evenings but you don't want to be too moisturised during the day when you're going to be on the go as you could end up with feet that become rather hot and sweaty. Then depending on how much time you've got in the morning, a great nail varnish for Spring is the Barry M Gelly Paint in Lychee that looks lovely as either a DIY pedicure or maincure. I saw my friend Camilla review this on her blog and it reminded me that I had this hidden away from last year.


Back to skincare once again, as before you will want to pick a moisturiser for your face that is lightweight and going to make your skin look fresh and springy. A good option is the Origins GinZing moisturiser, it is very gel like and will awaken you early on in the day. Hopefully if you've looked after your lips during the winter months they shouldn't need too much TLC now its Spring, just a nice balm that will keep them soft and desirable. My favourite go-to lip balm is from Burt's Bees but I couldn't find it at the time, so Chapstick does exactly the same job and the apple one smells pleasant too.



From day to day its obviously nice to change your makeup looks up, but I thought I would include a couple of definite Spring must have makeup items. The first is a cream eyeshadow, the Bourjois Colour Edition 24H was a recommendation from Vivianna Does Makeup its extremely easy to apply you don't even need a brush and it still creates a very subtle seamless eye look. As for a flush of colour I don't think that you can go wrong with a pinky/peachy blush at this time of the year for a healthy, vibrant glow. A great one for spring is this from Dior in Passion Fruit, which comes with two tones in the pan a lighter and darker peach which can either be swirled on the brush together or used seperately to create slightly different looks.




Finish off with a spritz of something fresh to keep you smelling sweet all day. A recent discovery for me is Vera Wang Princess a girly perfume that sort of reminds me of vanilla - this is surprisingly long wearing too as it seems to last on the skin for hours. For the more adventurous, Gucci Envy Me is a very floral and energetic scent, you don't need to put a lot of this in as it can initially come across quite powerful but once the day goes on this also lingers on the skin for a pretty feminie aroma. Another scent that is perfect for spring is the Victoria's Secret Pure Seduction body mist as its very fruity and sweet, due to it being a mist it isn't at all over powering which is ideal for those who like a light fragrance for on the go bursts of freshness.


If you're feeling particularly spring-like, why not add a pretty hair accessory to your 'do to brighten things up? I love this flowery bun crown from Primark. And lastly, if you can't enjoy a chocolate lollipop with Easter round the corner well I don't know when you can!


Now, let Spring commence!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Grace, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award if you are interested it explains everything on my blog I'd love to see you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love Princess by Vera Wang, I'd forgotten all about it but I definitely want to try it again for spring/summer now. I've been meaning to get a bun crown for ages, I had no idea Primark did them! Love your blog! Josie xxx

    http://josielcross.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)