Tuesday 9 June 2015

Products I've Used Up | Empties #8


I'm back with another empty products post - I have been storming through the empties this year! I'm splitting the empties up into two categories Bath & Body and then Makeup like I did in my last post. Starting with a new empty product for me, a dry shampoo (I know this isn't really classed as a bath or body product but it didn't fit anywhere else today!)



Bath & Body.


COLAB Dry Shampoo (New York fragrance.) I'm not into the whole buying something that a Youtube star has released jazz, however when I heard Ruth from A Model Recommends first talking about COLAB a dry shampoo that claimed to be residue free, she had my ears perked up. Having never liked Batiste dry shampoo for its powdery may as well have sprinkled baby powder on my head feeling, a residue free dry shampoo was something I liked the sound of. Having used my first can of COLAB up I have to say it took a bit of getting used to. I would certainly agree there is no heavy feeling with this while giving your hair a fresh lease of life but I felt like I had to spray quite a lot of product to achieve that result. Therefore the can didn't last too long at all. Nevertheless I far prefer the way this product feels in comparison to the likes of Batiste plus this fragrance smells much more pleasant. I have already repurchased.

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash. I love a good S&G body wash yet surprisingly Sugar Crush was one I'd never tried before despite its popularity. I know a lot of people rave about Sugar Crush and so I thought it was time to try it for myself. It has a sickly sweet citrusy scent which after a while I did end up getting a bit fed up of day after day. I managed to use the bottle up but its certainly not one I'd repurchase again in a hurry.

CCS Foot Care Cream. I recently spoke about foot care, this is the product I use for myself and I also use it with my clients. Its great to use on tough bits of skin because it contains urea so its ideal for your heels and generally maintaining smooth feet. Its non greasy, absorbs in to the skin quickly and it has a nice cool texture which I think it a good quality in a foot cream.

The Body Shop Hemp Body Butter. I received this body butter in a Hemp set before Christmas, I'm not going to lie I was mostly just interested in the hand cream but this body butter took me by surprise. Of course it has the same gorgeous consistency we expect from a body shop butter, this one was particularly creamy and nourishing. Okay the smell lets it down - its not exactly pleasant but it made my skin so soft and lovely which is exactly what you want from a body butter. I would definitely get this again!

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector. This is my holy grail hand cream. I've written a full review here so I won't ramble too much. But basically I've converted all my family on to this hand cream we leave it in the living room and religiously apply it - we're already ploughing our way through another tube.

Champneys Energizing Lime Scrub. I received this as part of set for christmas, unfortunately this didn't really do anything for me. The smell reminded me a little bit of cleaning products - it had a sharp citrusy scent. I also found the consistency a little odd - it was a bit like wobbly jelly in the pot and applied to the skin it didn't seem to do any exfoliating. I wouldn't repurchase this.

Bath & Body Works Sweet Shop Sanitiser. Last year before my holiday I purchased this sanitiser from ebay for like the airport and while I was out and about on my travels. However this smelt disgusting, I can't explain exactly but just very sickly and overpowering. I used about 2/3 and then rinsed the rest away down the sink it was horrid.


Makeup.


Bourjois 1 Second Volume Waterproof Mascara. This has been the only mascara I have been using for the past six months so I must have enjoyed it. Not sure about the '1 second' claim but it does have a decent wand which I found easy to apply. I don't really know why I went for waterproof I think I just fancied a change but it certainly is waterproof, I also find the colour very black which I like. Great budget buy. I will definitely get this again.

Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara. Another mascara, prior to the last mascara I was using Benefit's Bad Gal Lash, which was another one that I really enjoyed. I took this on my holiday as it was a nice travel size and I ended up purchasing the full size version with a Boots voucher I had a while ago but this small one has since dried up.

Hourglass Immaculate Foundation Sample. Since getting into beauty I've purchased my fair share of foundations but until this I had never tried a sample before buying which is clearly where I was going wrong as I hadn't ever found the perfect one. Trying before you buy is so helpful particularly with foundation because a swatch on the back of your hand can be very deceiving I have learned. And if you're ever going to sample a foundation you should sample a £50 one!

Mac Fling Eyebrow Pencil. I have written a review on this brow product here and it wasn't until I finished it up that I realised that I sort of changed my mind on it and ended up really enjoying this. I still stand by what I say that the packaging is awful but looking back at pictures using this I think this has definitely been one of the better eyebrow products I've tried the colour really is good for blondes. I will probably repurchase in the future.

QOTD: Have you tried any of these products? How did you find them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)