Wednesday 24 June 2015

Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer Review

One of my best beauty discoveries of 2015 so far has hands down been the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation (review here.) In trying to sort out my skin this year I've also been trying not to overload my face with dozens of different products and different brands. Hourglass seems to have been a consistently reliable makeup brand I can turn to without it seeming to upset my skin. Although it is considerably better these days I still have the odd acne scaring and depending on how much sleep I've had the night before - darkness around my eye area. So a few months ago I decided to give the Hourglass Hidden Concealer a whirl. It is definitely a product that goes hand in hand with Immaculate!


Hourglass Hidden Concealer comes in a similar shape to a lipstick bullet whereby the concealer stick twists up, it has that undeniable Hourglass class to it. I know they say don't judge a book by its cover and all that but I'm always impressed with nice packaging. Luckily its not just the shiny exterior that performs exceptionally well - the concealer itself is gorgeous too. Its quite a multi-purpose concealer: the creamy texture applies wonderfully around the delicate area surrounding your eyes without bunching (so long as you have moisturized beforehand...) And it also has a high enough coverage to disguise imperfections allowing you to spot conceal darkness or scarring.


I like to use this in several different ways: for under the eyes sometimes your wedding ring finger does just fine or alternatively the Real Techniques highlighting brush is the perfect shape for this particular job and its also quite fluffy meaning it blends the concealer in nicely. For spots or scars I use a smaller brush like the RT shading brush, which is a great size to target specific areas and buffs in the product with ease.

Swatches taken in natural light
I was matched to the shade Fair which is incredibly close to my skin tone (see above swatch / partially blended.) Because the Immaculate foundation dries to a matte powdery finish I tend to apply the concealer first so that any imperfections are already covered meaning the foundation has less of a job to do and I can focus that on the red areas around my nose and center of my face.

I finish off with the Ambient Lighting powder (I have Diffused Light) and this has just become my dream trio of base products - the powder sets everything in place perfectly and gives the skin an ever so softly illuminated finish. Together these have amazing staying power and last me throughout the day without wearing away. 

QOTD: Have you tried the Hourglass Hidden Concealer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)