Saturday 27 June 2015

Monsoon Maya Print Maxi Dress

As soon as the warm months roll around I'm definitely one to embrace the maxi dresses. For me its always a sign that summer has arrived. Be it the bright colours, floral prints or the way that they swish around at your ankles but there is just something so summery about a maxi dress. I absolutely love how flattering they can be and when I find the right one they're a complete confidence booster. However as I've mentioned before, not being the tallest of girls I have to find a maxi dress that isn't ridiculously long or else it ends up trailing on the floor like a wedding dress! Speaking of weddings: a few weeks ago I was shopping with my Mum, who was on the lookout for a dress to wear to one and she took us in Monsoon. Not a shop I would ever usually look in myself, however I was surprised at how much caught my eye in there including this beautiful maxi dress.


Maya Print Dress Link
Carvela Peep Toes

I was instantly attracted to this boho chic dress, the colours and 'eastern inspired floral print' jumped right out at me from the moment I saw it in the shop. Its even lovelier once you put it on as it brings the graceful shape of the dress to life, being quite loosely fitted the material flows elegantly along as you move.  The length is just right for me as it doesn't quite touch the floor and when wearing a slight heel it hangs just above the ground without dragging along.

The nice thing about maxis is that you can usually dress them up or down for an occasion: I popped a pair of nude peep toes on and wore this out for a meal on my birthday Friday but I also intend on wearing it casually with a pair of sandals in the upcoming weeks. Because of the boho feel I kept accessories to the minimal, with just a little bit of jewelry. I went for a similar effect with my hair with effortless waves and of course I had to pop on a red lipstick in the name of my birthday Friday! I absolutely love this dress it makes me so excited that summer is here as I can't wait to wear it on sunny days into the warm evenings.

QOTD: Are you a maxi dress lover?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)