Sunday 9 November 2014

Products I've Used Up | Empties #5

 


 
 
My bag of empty products has gotten ridiculous lately where I've been accumulating so many things. So this post is a bit of a backlog of products I used up throughout the summer months and without further hesitation I'll give you a little rundown of the stuff I've finished alongside a mini review of each product.

Palmolive Shower Milk.
When I run out of my Soap & Glory shower creams I buy something cheap and cheerful and usually go with whatever is on offer at the time which must have been Palmolive. I quite like Palmolive shower stuff as its normally only a few pounds, it smells pretty average - its never going to be anything too fancy but it keeps you clean and gets the job done. I would repurchase this again but its not something I would run out to the shops to stock up on once it was gone.

Simple Kind to Skin Body Wash.
As I used to suffer with really sensitive skin as a child I always like to have a back up shower gel in a cupboard somewhere that's super kind to my skin for times where it might be acting up. I don't use this on a regular basis but sometimes I can tell when I've been using more heavier scented shower gels or creams and its nice to have a gentler alternative. I must say I'm not a fan of the smell at all, I can't really put my finger on what it is but I put up with it because it doesn't irritate my skin.

Marc Jacobs Lola Shower Cream.
Nobody could ever accuse me of not taking a shower if you read my empties posts :P yep another shower cream to add to the empty list. I used this in conjunction with the matching Lola fragrance to layer it up and used sparingly it can totally last ages and ages.

Marc Jacobs Lola 50ml.
This is about the third empties post that has featured a Marc Jacobs fragrance, so you can definitely see a theme arising here that I'm kind of out growing these fragrances a bit now. I loved them at the time, obviously enough to use them all up but I think my tastes have changed a lot and I crave something much different these days. I would say that Lola is an appropriate fragrance for someone looking for a flowery yet sweet scent, it also has that air of 'oh that's a Marc Jacobs perfume' to it. If I got it as a gift I would wear it but it wouldn't be something that I asked for or would go out and buy myself.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.
Ah the trusty old Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. How many of these do I get through a year? This beauty product is just such a reliable makeup staple, it covers blemishes, imperfections and dark circles with ease and it costs you less than a fiver. Obviously with a price tag like that its not going to be the most glam product in your makeup collection, the writing smears off after about two uses but the actual concealer itself does an amazing job. Although this is not the emptiest of empties and by that I mean I probably could wrangle a smidgen more product out with the doe foot applicator but its sort of beginning to dry up and show its age. I repurchased this the minute it started getting a bit dry and old.

Soap & Glory Flakeaway Scrub.
It was a good change to try a different scrub as I tend to always use the same old one. I used this a while ago but from what I can remember Flakeaway was a pretty  'gritty' scrub so exfoliated the skin nicely leaving it soft and smooth however it didn't replace my favourite Scrub Of Your Life.

Sure Crystal Invisible Deodrant.
Can't live without a spritz of deodrant every morning. Well you can but chances are you won't be so fresh and sweet smelling... I like Sure deodrants as they last really well, keep me from stinking and generally speaking don't leave nasty white marks.

The Bodyshop Blueberry Body Butter.
As a big lover of TBS body butters the Blueberry one was a product that I was really looking forward to trying out, its so gorgeously fruity smelling which was perfect back in the summer. Its a special edition product but I think they bring it out quite regularly so I would recommend this to all the fruity fragranced lovers out there. This didn't quite make its way to my favourites (I love the Raspberry and Coconut body butters best) but I did enjoy it a lot and would probably pick it up again in the summer months.

Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Blonde.
This brow product from Benefit was the first 'higher end' one that I purchased back in the Spring. I really like the colour on me its not got a gingery tint to it that you can find with some blonde brow products. The only thing that I disliked about this really was that it required a lot of sharpening and therefore it didn't last very long at all. It got small very quickly and its not really very easy to use where its become short. I think that if this was a little cheaper or lasted a bit longer then it would be a lot better value for money.

Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede tester sample.
When making an online order from Jo Malone I received a tester sample for the Peony & Blush Suede cologne which I did enjoy trying out however I think that I much prefer a lot of the other colonges that Jo Malone offer so I doubt it will be one I pick up.
 
QOTD: What products have you emptied recently?



1 comment:

  1. Nice load of empties! Always so satisfying to use a bunch of products up! I wish I would have tried out that Blueberry body butter, I imagine it smells lovely!

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)