Tuesday 9 December 2014

Favourite Festive Lip Products




Swatches taken in natural daylight
Its no secret that red lipstick is my thing. I love a good red lip and there really is no better time to support this look than during the festive season. The holidays are almost upon us and weather you're looking for that perfect party lipstick or just something bright and festive to get in the mood I've got a few considerations worth a mention. Now minus Rebel, colour wise I'd say all these reds come in at the same family of like a 'cherry red' which are by far the most flattering shade as they sit nicely on most skintones. This is also like your traditional Christmasy red so it's very apt for the season, whenever I'm wearing one of these lipsticks I always feel so much more confident I love the way they transform your look. However what is different about these lipsticks is their finish and how they feel and last on the lips.

I know that from the swatches these look very similar but on the lips they all look quite a bit different, for example the Estee Lauder 340 lipstick gives a beautiful sheen to it that gives an almost gloss like quality to it. The finish of this lipstick reminds me a little bit of an amplified cream from MAC as its very opaque without being too drying. Russian Red from Mac on the other hand is very matte and has no shine what so ever to it so its extremely long wearing, although a bit of careful preparation before hand would be useful before wearing this lipstick.

Chanel 104 Passion, an all time favourite of mine - sits somewhere between both the Estee Lauder and Mac lipsticks. It has an ever so subtle shine to it while still remaining quite a matte lipstick. This is a really comfortable to wear red. I don't often go for gloss but the Dior Addict Ultra Gloss is beautiful to layer over a red lipstick for that ultimate festive party look as its slightly glittery - if you can't wear glitter in the run up to Christmas when can you? Lastly Rebel from Mac isn't what you would call a conventional festive lip look as its definitely more of a purply red but its such a stunning lipstick, and I wore it on Christmas Day last year and its again one of those instant confidence boosting colours.

QOTD: What are your festive favourite lip products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)