Monday 1 December 2014

Manicure Monday: The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector



Today's Manicure Monday post is less about the nails and more about the hands - I'm featuring a fabulous cream that I've been using recently that has reminded me of the benefits of taking care of your hands. Now I don't know about you but applying hand cream is something that I only ever do when the mood strikes - and that is usually in the depth of winter when I suddenly notice that my hands are shot to bits from the bitter cold English weather. Well actually, its the beginning of December now and so far we've been pretty lucky with cold spells this winter I'd say. However the minute it does turn colder, my hands are usually the worst area thats hit. So I'm pretty happy that I have this product from TBS lined up ready to prevent that from happening to me this winter.

Apparently suitable for 'Very Dry Skin' I've applied the Hemp Hand Protector all over my hands and cuticles which get very tender and yucky at this time of year, and most hand creams sting like hell when I do this to these delicate dry areas however this one didn't. Its got a very soothing, non greasy texture that sinks in to the skin effortlessly and doesn't leave you there with sticky feeling hands and fingers...The smell is something that you get used to, I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan, it isn't what you would call an unpleasant scent but its not particularly appealing either. However I can look past the smell for what it does to my hands. I'd almost say that it has a medical smell to it, its sort of fresh in that clean medicine sort of way, thankfully the scent doesn't really linger for long anyway.

I received this as part of a gift set, but individually the Hemp Hand Protector currently retails at £11 for this huge 100ml tube and in my opinion I think its pretty good value for money as this stuff really is amazing. A tube this size will literally last you forever as a little goes a long way. Alongside the smell only other downside to this product I would say is that I'm not really loving the design of the tube, it gets very tatty looking plus I generally prefer hand creams which come with a flip on/off lid rather than screw tops as I find them less faffing around.

This hand cream has dramatically helped my hands look and feel so much better. Our hands are one of the main parts of our body that is most often on show, so I don't think that it takes much to look after them whether it be with a manicure or keeping them from being dry and sore - our hands can say a lot about us so I'm striving to keep mine happy this winter. I would 100% recommend this product to anyone, whether your skin is very dry or just needing a bit of attention I can guarentee this product will be of good help to you.

QOTD: What's your saviour product during the winter?


1 comment:

  1. This looks fab! Anything that protects the skin during winter is good with me! I have a lip balm in the same scent & love it - I do know what you mean though, because it is pretty strong i think its a love it/hate it type smell.
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)