Thursday 4 December 2014

Fragrance Focus: Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir



Swoon. Its the ultimate scent of the season. Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone. If you've never had the pleasure of smelling it, just imagine Christmas caught in a bottle and you'll be somewhere along the right tracks. This is just about the most festive, nostalgic smelling cologne you could possibly imagine. Pomegranate Noir comes under the 'fruity' category according to Jo Malone, but I personally think its more of a woody scent. To me this is very earthy and recalls memories of walking through a forest of pine trees on a chilly winter morning.

It reminds me so much of all the rich spices of Christmas that send me straight back to my childhood and of the excited anticipation of festive celebrations.The pomegranate keeps the cologne very fresh and zingy, although its quite a heavy intoxicating scent the zestiness stops it from being dragged down by the woody notes. I would so recommend this scent to all the festive lovers out there as this truly captures the scent of Christmas and winter. This is such a classic perfume that you could go back to year after year after year and it will still evoke those sensual feelings of the season. Ideal for men or women, and I love layering this with English Pear and Freesia to give it a lighter and more laid back feel.

Pomegranate Noir is everything and I know I'm going to be wearing this all month long especially leading up to the festivities, I'm look forward to wearing this when doing my Christmas shopping and wrapping my gifts for loved ones and then especially on the big day to truly soak up what is the most wonderful time of the year.
QOTD: Do you love Pomegranate Noir?

2 comments:

  1. Pomegranate noir is such a classic, one of my all time favourite perfumes!

    So glad you love it too,

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Christmas in a bottle! I absolutely love this scent.

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)