Friday 8 May 2015

Shiseido Eyelash Curlers, Worth The Money?




A little while ago now I finally invested in a proper pair of eyelash curlers when Feel Unique had an offer on. By 'proper' I mean a pair of eyelash curlers I haven't paid like £2 on from Boots or wherever. My natural eyelashes are pretty non existent and I've struggled over the years to make them even slightly noticeable. And although I've just accepted now that I'm never going to have lusciously long lashes, I was still interested to see how a high end pair of curlers compared to my usual cheapy ones. So as I mentioned when Feel Unique had a discount on at the start of the year I picked up the Shiseido eyelash curlers.

Now I'm no expert on eye makeup and I wont pretend to be, so keep that in mind as you read, I'm just going to do a brief review of these and answer the question are these worth the £19 price tag? The very first thing I noticed is how much wider the Shiseido curlers are in comparison to my old curlers, and I have noticed that when using these my eyes do look more open as these are able to curl more lashes. Another thing is that the Shiseido curlers seem very firm and the rubber pad grips the lashes nice and comfortably.

These are undoubtedly quick and easy to use and open up your eyes because of that wide shape however, in my honest opinion its nothing that a £2 pair of eyelash curlers wouldn't be able to do. There was no wow factor for me. I know that my natural lashes are notoriously difficult to make appear nice so it could be that and these might work really well for someone else, but for me I'm not sure I'd hurry out and spend out on them unless they were discounted again with like a 20% off or whatever. I don't regret buying these as there isn't anything wrong with them and they do have a few benefits to them like the wide shape but I was just expecting a bit more of a wow effect.

QOTD: Have you tried the Shiseido eyelash curlers? Do you have any other recommendations for me to try?

2 comments:

  1. I have always curled my lashes after applying mascara and that works well for me. I've got the Tweezerman ones and they're pretty good.
    Rachel x
    www.heartoceansecrets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really? I've not tried that one before will have to give it a go! x

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)