Sunday 17 May 2015

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer

In the last couple of months I have become completely besotted by Hourglass makeup, it is a brand that has been popping up a lot lately on my blog. Their products continue to blow me away and my latest Hourglass love comes in the form of their brand new Ambient Bronzer. I have been waiting patiently for the release of these for what seems like ages now and I finally got my hands on one Friday, which you may have already spotted in yesterday's haul. Today I am going to be doing a first impressions type post and the shade I picked up was Luminous Bronze Light.





Bronzer is a step I have been skipping out of my makeup routine for a little while now. None of my current bronzers seem to look right on me where I am quite a fair skinned girl: either they're too orange, too muddy or too shimmery. Now the summer is upon us I would like to start incorporating it back and the Ambient Lighting bronzer seems to be exactly what I've been missing in my life. I've decided finally to just embrace my pale skin, I'm not going to be fake tanning this year but instead I just want to add a bit of healthy colour.

Luminous Bronze Light is the fairer of the two new releases, it is a stunning golden champagne tone which transferred onto the skin perfectly mimics a natural sun-kissed complexion. Looking at the pan you would expect this to be somewhat shimmery but there is absolutely no shimmer to the product yet it still manages to produce the most gorgeous lit from within glow to the skin.

What I think is great about this bronzer is that it has the ability to look ever so subtle, just a light tap of your brush into the product and sweep over the face for a warm 'I've been in the sun'  effect or you can easily build it up really nicely for more of a dramatic, defined look. I have found the bronzer to work really well with the Ambient Lighting Brush as you are able to easily transmit the product to areas like your cheek bone and along the jawline.

One thing I have noticed is not to underestimate the pigmentation of this product - you really do only need to start with a small amount of product and the beauty of this is that it is just so easy to build. Similarly to the other Ambient Lighting powders such as the blushes these blend extremely well and leave the most exceptional finish to the skin. I'm really excited to have this product in my possession and if first impressions are anything to go by it will be a product I'm sure to adore.

QOTD: What do you think of the new Ambient Lighting Bronzers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)