Sunday 1 June 2014

Montly Favourites | May 2014

 
 
Hello June! I can't believe how fast this year has gone already! Its time to check out a fresh bunch of monthly favourites, here's what I've been loving lately:

 
Chloe Eau De Parfum.
 My newly discovered signature scent is the beautifully chic Chloe Eau De Parfum. I wore this non stop throughout the month of May and definitely think that this has already earned holy grail status. Its just a perfect scent and looks wonderful on my dressing table too. I wrote a more in depth review on Chloe here if you're interested to learn more.
  

The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist.
So far there hasn't been an item I've tried from The Body Shop Vitamin E range that I'm not smitten with. But I can tell that this face mist from The Body Shop is going to be especially handy over the warmer, summer months as it aims to 'instantly refresh and moisutrise.' I've been using this loads in a variety of ways over the last month: simply as a lovely light spritz of moisture (plus it smells incredible) I do this with either a face of makeup to set it or just on my naked face, this was also amazing sprayed on my face after a few hours in the sun, it has that 'after sun' effect and was just so soothing, plus you may have seen this stippling brush trick that is achieved with this face mist. I would highly recommend this!

MAC Naked Lunch Eyeshadow.
My eyeshadow choice for May was Naked Lunch from Mac. I bloody love this eyeshadow so much. I was trying to describe it but was struggling to (I've attached a swatch below for a visual reference.) Its quite shimmery, I don't know what type it is as I'm not quite as knowledgable on my Mac eyeshadows compared to my lipsticks. You know how people describe nude lipsticks as a 'my lips but better' well on me this eyeshadow kind of has a similar 'my eyelids but better' kind of impact - although it looks like you're wearing eyeshadow its very understated and neutral. Bit of a failed description there but you get the picture haha.


 
MAC Springsheen and Nars Orgasm.
 My two blush choices in May were very similar and these were from Mac and Nars, I was obviously in a very pinky/peachy blush mood. Both blushes give your cheeks a really pretty flush of colour - I have no idea where the inspiration for the name Orgasm came from... Yes we're looking at you Nars! As you can see from the swatches below, Springsheen from Mac leans more peachy whereas Orgasm leans ever so slightly pinky but there isn't really a lot in it to be honest. They are pretty good dupes for each other as they are not disimilar in colour or finish, both are shimmery so you don't want to go mad with a highlighter when you wear these or it could look a bit much. But I've pretty much alternated these two blushes all month, opting for Springsheen for a more peachy look and Orgasm for that pinker finish.
 
Above swatches taken in natural daylight
 

Burts Bee's Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegrante Oil.
Burts Bee's have to be one of my favourites for lip balms. Annoyingly I misplaced my beloved mango one so I recently replaced it and decided to try the replenishing balm with pomegrante, and although its not a patch on the mango one scent wise it still does the same excellent job at nourishing my lips when they are on the dry side. It sort of reminds me of the smell of original Chapstick but a little fruiter.

BarryM Gelly Paint in Passion Fruit.
I have been obsessed with painting my nails (and toenails too) with this from BarryM. I love the gelly paint range from BarryM and own way too many colours already and Passion Fruit is like a perfect red/pink that looks so glossy and vibrant. Plus you get a good few days wear before chipping starts to occur which is always a bonus! I hate it when some polishes chip after mere hours...

What did you love in May?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)