Monday 9 February 2015

Tom Ford Lip Colour | Wild Ginger


 


On a slightly lighter subject than my last post, today I'm back to talk lipstick. Since my love affair began with lipstick I've been slowly tip-toeing over to the more indulgent beauty brands. It was not only a jump in price going from my trusty MAC lipsticks to their higher end equivalents but it was also a jump in terms of luxury. Okay I'll agree some of the time you're just paying for a swanky tube that looks flash when you apply your lipstick out in public, but the quality of the product itself is certainly there too.

I watched in silent awe other beauty bloggers proudly showing off their Tom Ford lipsticks and for a long while I told myself that it was an excessive amount of money to pay for a lipstick. But on a lonely January morning I found myself searching swatches and blog posts online of Tom Ford lipsticks, and one stood out in particular to me. If you know me, of course it was going to be some sort of red shade. Welcome to my life Tom Ford Wild Ginger.

Wild Ginger is not your classic red lipstick, it is a vibrant almost orangey red on my skin tone and it has the ability to completely brighten up my entire face. This effortlessly takes a look from average to wow in a flash. The application is effortless, with a single swipe over the lips achieving an opaque coverage, of course me being me I still like to go around to make the final touches with a brush - precision is everything! Formula wise I find this very creamy with an almost glossy shine however it doesn't slide around and rub off the second your lips come into contact with something. I'm pleasantly surprised by the wear time given how creamy and comfortable feeling this lipstick is - I get a good 4 hours and sometimes more if I do a bit of blotting.

From the second Wild Ginger came into possession I knew it had already wormed its way up to my favourites. The stunning square black and gold casing with the effortless "TF" give away on the lid - yes this does very quickly rub off of the lipstick bullet itself sadly - all screams luxury. The formula is spot on. The shade is stunning. I love red lipstick and I love orange so this is a heavenly mix of both worlds for me. I'm very pleased to say that Wild Ginger may very well be the best £37 I've spent on a makeup item for a long time. (Until the next one Tom Ford.) Girl better get her butt out to work!

Wearing Tom Ford Wild Ginger Lip Colour
QOTD: What do you think of Wild Ginger? Do you own any Tom Ford lipsticks?

2 comments:

  1. This shade looks lovely on you! It suits your skin tone perfectly :-) I don't know if I could stretch to £37 for one lipstick... A girl can dream though!
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful colour - I am obsessed with Tom Ford, so I'd be so happy to get one of these. The packaging is just stunning!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)