Sunday 15 February 2015

Jo Malone Rock The Ages Preview | Tudor Rose & Amber





Its no secret that I am a Jo Malone girl. So when I was shopping at my local boutique and chatting to one of the girls in there about how much I love the brand I was beyond chuffed to be invited to an exclusive event this morning to preview the latest collection Rock The Ages. The new collection is aimed at depicting different periods of British history, and a select group of us got to sample each of the new releases and learn a little bit about each fragrance today. It was really nice to hear about each new release, the inspiration behind it and all of the ingredients that have gone into them. We were also lucky enough to be given the opportunity to make purchases ahead of the official release which was very exciting too!

There are four new exclusive, limited edition releases and also a re-release of Pomegranate Noir in beautiful gold packaging. As you can see these new colognes have been released in special packaging instead of the classic Jo Malone bottles to reflect the individual fragrance. Once we had been talked through each new release (we were given the little cards to initially smell the fragrance first) we then had the opportunity to sample them on our skin and do some fragrance combing with the Jo Malone scents we already have.
  
The two fragrances the stood out most to me were the Tudor Rose & Amber and Geranium & Verbena. I had a play around with both of these two fragrances but decided that I liked the Tudor Rose & Amber best plus I felt that it will go well with the JM colognes I had at home.

As the name suggests this is based around the Tudor period meaning that this is quite a rich, lavish scent. I won't be able to remember all the ingredients but the ones that stuck out in my memory are Tudor rose, pink pepper and ginger so its both floral and spicy which is a combination I tend to love best in a fragrance. Tudor Rose & Amber really captures a velvety texture hence the velvet embellishment on the lid. I think this will go beautifully with Velvet Rose & Oud to add even more edge and sensuality.I also think it has a very similar vibe to Pomegranate Noir so I can imagine it will be popular with people who love that cologne, plus it would be a lovely combination of the two fragrances to play around with.

As a general statement I would say that this collection is very unique and interesting, I love the concept behind it and think it will be pretty popular when it is released in stores and online. It was a lovely morning at my local boutique (see some more pictures of the morning on my instagram @graceyblossom) that I was very glad I got the chance to attend the preview. I'm so pleased with my latest Jo Malone addition, and the first limited edition fragrance to add to my collection! :)

Jo Malone Rock The Ages - Available to purchase in store from March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate reading any comments I receive :)